The ebb tide / Beverly Lewis.
When a well-to-do family asks Sallie Riehl to be their daughter's nanny for the summer at their Cape May, New Jersey, vacation home, she jumps at the chance to broaden her horizons beyond her Lancaster County Amish community. Sallie has long dreamed of seeing more of the world, but her parents are reluctant for her to put off baptism yet another summer, and the timing is unfortunate for Perry Zook, who has renewed interest in courting her. Though she loves nannying, Sallie has free time on the weekends to enjoy the shore. It is there that she meets Kevin Kreider, a marine biology student. Time with Kevin is invigorating. Kevin is Mennonite, not Amish. Sallie tries to brush aside her growing feelings for Kevin, but she fears what her parents would think about her new friendship. Just as concerning, however, is Sallie's realization that her time in Cape May is increasing her desire to see the world, challenging her plans for the future.
- ISBN: 9780764219092 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780764212505 (softcover : acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: 328 pages: paperback ; 22 cm
- Publisher: Minneapolis, Minnesota : Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group, 
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Amish > Fiction.
Nannies > Fiction.
Rich people > Fiction.
Wealth > Fiction.
Families > Fiction.
Vacations > Fiction.
Summer > Fiction.
Friendship > Fiction.
New Jersey > Fiction.
- 81 of 92 copies available at SPARK Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Degenstein.
- 1 current hold with 92 total copies.